Annual fete boosts N&N’s cancer appeal fund
A hospital cancer appeal has received a boost after hundreds of visitors attended the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital's annual fete.
Around 1,000 people attended the event at the Colney hospital at the weekend, which raised funds for the Targeted Radiotherapy Appeal.
The fete included an antiques valuation day by local auctioneers Durrants and children were able to explore the Tardis and meet a Dalek. Live music was provided by local skiffle band The Misfit Collective, there was clog dancing by Fiddlesticks and an air display by a Mustang plane.
Julie Cave, director of resources, at the N&N said: 'We estimated around one thousand people attended the fete throughout the day making it a real success. The weather held out and it was lovely to see so many families enjoying the stalls and activities on offer. We raised £5,000 for our Targeted Radiotherapy Appeal and we are extremely grateful to everyone who made a donation. I'd like to thank all of our staff and volunteers who made the day possible.'
The hospital is aiming to raise £600,000 to help treat more cancer patients locally and to shorten their treatment times by offering more brachytherapy treatments. The appeal has surpassed the halfway mark.
You may also want to watch:
Officials from the foundation trust said that the money would be spent on buying new equipment and constructing an operating theatre to treat some prostate, lung, colon and oesophageal cancers. They hope to hit their target by next year.
Donate online by visiting www.justgiving.com/NNUH-TargetedRadiotherapyAppeal. Text a donation by texting NNUH44 £10 to 70070. Donations can also be sent to the NNUH Charitable Fund, 6th Floor, Fundraising, 20 Rouen Road, Norwich, Norfolk, NR1 1QQ
- 1 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 6 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 7 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’
- 8 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 9 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 10 Home baker opens first shop after business 'snowballed' in lockdown