Ambulance Watch: Search goes on for new ambulance chief executive
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
The search goes on for a permanent chief executive at the region's ambulance service after it was revealed that none of the interviewed candidates were successful.
The East of England Ambulance Service today announced that Andrew Morgan will continue in his role as interim chief executive following a failed recruitment process.
Officials interviewed five candidates for the role, but 'were not able to recommend an appointment', a statement said.
Geoff Harris, chairman of the NHS trust, said: 'This decision was not a reflection on the quality of the candidates but a reference to the challenging circumstances in which the trust is now operating.'
'I would like to thank Andrew Morgan for the great progress he has instigated since he joined the trust in December and I am delighted that Andrew has agreed to continue to lead the trust as interim chief executive. He has been responsible for developing our integrated action plan and putting in place the foundations from which we can move forwards, such as redirecting resources to the frontline in order to improve patient services and clinical quality.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Morgan became interim chief executive of the ambulance trust in December following the resignation of Hayden Newton.
A statement from the NHS trust added: 'In the meantime the board will consider future options for the chief executive role, whilst the trust focusses on continuing to improve services to patients.'
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 9 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit