Ambulance Watch: More than 40 applications for non-exec director posts at 999 trust
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
A new chief executive and board of directors at the region's under-fire ambulance trust will be in place by the end of the autumn, its interim chairman said today.
All five non-executive directors at the East of England Ambulance Service resigned in June following a damning report into the leadership of the NHS trust by Anthony Marsh, CEO of the West Midlands Ambulance Service.
Geoff Harris, interim chairman of the ambulance trust, said the NHS Trust Development Authority had received 46 applications from people wanting to become non-executive directors at the service, which covers Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire.
He added that he hoped the new non-executive directors will be in their positions by September. Former NHS Norfolk chairman Sheila Childerhouse and Frances Pennell-Buck joined the board for their first meeting today as interim non-executive directors.
Mr Harris added that the recruitment of a permanent chief executive was 'moving ahead with pace' and the new person at the helm could be announced by late autumn, he said.
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Morgan, former chief executive of NHS Norfolk, has been interim CEO of the East of England Ambulance Service since December following the retirement of Hayden Newton.
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 4 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 5 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 6 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 9 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 10 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'