TV star to join lifesaving event at Norwich’s Castle Quarter
- Credit: BBC/Kieron McCarron
A BBC actor will help teach lifesaving skills at an event in Norwich's Castle Quarter.
Alex Walkinshaw, who plays Adrian 'Fletch' Fletcher in Holby City, will lend a hand at a CPR and defibrillator awareness event on Saturday March, 7.
The event, which is hosted by Norfolk Accident and Rescue Service (NARS), is free to attend and will take place on the ground floor between 10am and 4pm.
Across the country the number of people surviving a cardiac arrest outside of hospital has doubled in a decade, which has been attributed in part to increased CPR and defibrillator awareness.
Al Moore, paramedic and registered nurse, said: "The key to a patient surviving a cardiac arrest is for them to receive basic life support as quickly as possible, including chest compressions and the use of a defibrillator."
You may also want to watch:
For more information search stars4NARS on Facebook.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 10 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage