Active Norfolk disability swimming festival comes to the UEA Sportspark
The annual Active Norfolk Youth Games Swimming Festival takes place in Norwich on Thursday for swimmers from special schools across Norfolk.
More than 80 children will take part in the Aquasplash-themed day at the UEA Sportspark to play games, race and learn about water safety.
The event caters for both non-swimmers and swimmers, and allows children to demonstrate their own skills and as part of a team, and have fun in the water.
Olympic runner Paul Evans will be poolside with Olly the Olympic Elephant to encourage the children and present certificates and medals on the day.
The main Active Norfolk Youth Games will be on June 20.
You may also want to watch:
For details contact Ellen Vanlint on 01603 731566 or go to www.activenorfolk.org/disability
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 6 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 10 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk