WATCH: A look back on 100 days of lockdown
- Credit: PA
In late January, many of us still believed the effects of coronavirus would not impact our day-to-day lives.
But just two months later, the UK was plunged into a nationwide lockdown which saw businesses forced to shut, vulnerable people shielding and bustling tourist destinations left deserted.
As late as March 3, prime minister Boris Johnson was still insisting on shaking hands at hospitals caring for Covid-19 patients.
But in the days that followed, avoiding physical contact with others and washing your hands became more important than ever, while supermarket shelves were stripped bare as shoppers resorted to panic buying.
And then, on March 23, the prime minister delivered a televised address during which he told the public: “You must stay at home.”
The ensuing months have seen thousands of lives lost, families separated, working from home become the new normal and major sporting events cancelled.
You may also want to watch:
But there have been tales of inspiration and hope, most notably the heroic efforts of Captain Tom Moore as he raised £32m for the NHS by walking laps of his garden.
We’ve compiled a video looking back at the last 100 days of lockdown and how the country coped.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 7 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 8 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument