Head of maintenance at The Warren care home in Sprowston reaches national final
The head of maintenance at The Warren care home in Sprowston, Nathan Kidd, has made it through to the finals of the Barchester Care Awards 2012.
Nathan has been nominated in the 'maintenance champion' category for his passion and pride in maintaining excellent standards at the Wroxham Road care home.
Barchester Healthcare, the care home's parent company, runs the annual awards to celebrate the standards of care staff provided to its residents in homes across the UK.
Nathan has been nominated for the award as he has: 'Demonstrated great practical skill, leadership and innovation within the care home. Nathan also leads his maintenance team to deliver consistently high standards and has created tangible benefits to the people who live here.'
The awards recognise those, out of 15,000 employed by the company, who have made a special difference to the lives of some of the 10,000 residents cared for in Barchester homes.
You may also want to watch:
Hilary Taylor, general manager of The Warren, said: 'I am so proud of Nathan! It's a great achievement that he has been selected as a finalist and testament to his hard work.
'Across the company we encourage and celebrate excellence in all areas of care, from hospitality to nursing.'
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 4 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 5 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 6 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 7 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 8 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 9 Gunn and Walton on City watch list as Nyland future remains unclear
- 10 Former Canaries attacker released by Bristol City
Care assistant Ruth Msengezi and Elizabeth Fiddy from The Warren also made it to the semi-finals in the 'apprentice learner of the year category.