Watch the heroic moment Norfolk couple rescue ducklings from drains
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk couple reunited a concerned mum with her ducklings that had fallen down drains while on their daily waddle.
Debbie and Simon Frost leapt to the rescue of two ducklings that fell through the gaps in drain covers on Marram Way in Heacham where they live on Wednesday.
Residents in the area are well-versed in rescuing ducks as they often come from the pond in nearby Station Road looking for food.
The pair were alerted to the fall by the mother duck that was quacking across the street as they set off for a walk and their pug Bruce was able to sniff out which drains they were in.
They then fetched a fishing net and Mr Frost managed to scoop them out and the mum and ducklings scurried to their mum.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Frost posted the clip on the Normal for Norfolk Facebook group and it has got hundreds of likes and comments.
Mrs Frost, 55, who is a retired nurse and midwife, said: “It always happens at this time of year and several residents in different streets have had to rescue them - one lady on Facebook told me she had 12 that fell down a drain.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 9 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
“It is a bit of a Catch-22 as people feed the ducks but then it encourages them into their streets where they are bound to fall down them.
“I’ve had lots of lovely positive comments on the video and also from people who have caravans near the beach who miss Norfolk.”