Hays Travel in Aylsham and Sheringham launches Santa’s Sleigh appeal to brighten up Christmas for youngsters
- Credit: Archant
What would Christmas be without the joy of unwrapping a few presents?
Now an appeal run by a north Norfolk travel agent is helping to bring festive joy to children and young people who might otherwise have gone without.
Hays Travel in Aylsham has launched its fifth annual Santa's Sleigh appeal, so people can donate new, unwrapped items such as toys, gift sets, toiletries, household goods, stationary items and books for East Anglian children and families supported by Norfolk-based charity Break.
And Sheringham's branch of Hays Travel is also getting in on the effort to support the charity's mission of making life better for vulnerable young people.
Jo Dobbie's, branch manager of Aylsham's Hays Travel - formerly CAS Travel - and founder of the appeal, said she was delighted to be helping those in need once again this Christmas.
She said: 'I like to be involved with the local community and there is nothing better than supporting a local charity especially in the festive season.
'I absolutely love Break's ethos and this is a great opportunity for us to show support.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 3 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 4 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 5 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 6 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 9 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 10 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
'I initially started Santa's Sleigh at the Aylsham branch, and then got Sheringham on board with it too.
'It created bigger awareness for ourselves and for the appeal and we're pleased to say they will be joining us again this year.'
Danielle Gravestock, senior fundraising officer for Break, said she was thrilled the branches were running the collections.
She said: 'We can't thank Hays Travel enough for the support they give us each year by organizing their Santa's Sleigh appeal.
'We are very grateful to all their staff for organising the appeal and everyone who is contributing goods to support it.
'These gifts really do make a difference to the children and young people we support.'
Santa's Sleigh will run for four weeks until December 9, starting tomorrow (Saturday, November 11).
Break, which was founded in 1968, helps in four key areas: young people in care and moving on; children and young people with disabilities; families in need of support and children at risk.
Are you doing something to help others this Christmas? Email the details to email@example.com