Hays Travel in Aylsham and Sheringham launches Santa’s Sleigh appeal to brighten up Christmas for youngsters
- Credit: Archant
What would Christmas be without the joy of unwrapping a few presents?
Now an appeal run by a north Norfolk travel agent is helping to bring festive joy to children and young people who might otherwise have gone without.
Hays Travel in Aylsham has launched its fifth annual Santa's Sleigh appeal, so people can donate new, unwrapped items such as toys, gift sets, toiletries, household goods, stationary items and books for East Anglian children and families supported by Norfolk-based charity Break.
And Sheringham's branch of Hays Travel is also getting in on the effort to support the charity's mission of making life better for vulnerable young people.
Jo Dobbie's, branch manager of Aylsham's Hays Travel - formerly CAS Travel - and founder of the appeal, said she was delighted to be helping those in need once again this Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'I like to be involved with the local community and there is nothing better than supporting a local charity especially in the festive season.
'I absolutely love Break's ethos and this is a great opportunity for us to show support.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
'I initially started Santa's Sleigh at the Aylsham branch, and then got Sheringham on board with it too.
'It created bigger awareness for ourselves and for the appeal and we're pleased to say they will be joining us again this year.'
Danielle Gravestock, senior fundraising officer for Break, said she was thrilled the branches were running the collections.
She said: 'We can't thank Hays Travel enough for the support they give us each year by organizing their Santa's Sleigh appeal.
'We are very grateful to all their staff for organising the appeal and everyone who is contributing goods to support it.
'These gifts really do make a difference to the children and young people we support.'
Santa's Sleigh will run for four weeks until December 9, starting tomorrow (Saturday, November 11).
Break, which was founded in 1968, helps in four key areas: young people in care and moving on; children and young people with disabilities; families in need of support and children at risk.
Are you doing something to help others this Christmas? Email the details to firstname.lastname@example.org