Having a whale of a time: Walcott visitors treated to whale acrobatics and Rick Wakeman appearance
- Credit: Kingfisher Fish Bar
Visitors to a Walcott fish bar were treated to an extraordinary experience after spotting not only a pod of whales but also world famous songwriter Rick Wakeman.
The fun began when owners and staff of the Kingfisher Fish Bar spotted the aquatic beasts leaping out of the water at around 4.30pm on August 2.
Owner of the fish bar Julian Husselbee said: 'I've worked here for 12 years and I've never, ever seen anything like that. The whales were clearly chasing a school of fish or something as they were leaping out of the water and really splashing around.'
Mr Husselbee, 51, continued: 'We all went outside to watch, they were there for about 35 minutes. And then when I went back in to fully open the shop there was this figure stood there and I thought 'I know that face.''
Mr Husselbee said that Mr Wakeman, a songwriter who has worked with the likes of David Bowie, Lou Reed and Brian May, came in with his family and enjoyed a quiet meal.
'They didn't really interact too much with what was going on with the whale, perhaps because there were large crowds of people gathered outside watching,' Mr Husselbee continued.
'We just let them get on with it, as is our way here, because the chap just wanted to come in and enjoy his meal!'
- 1 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 2 Part of A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 See inside this idyllic family home up for sale with NO nearby neighbours
- 4 Former coastal restaurant up for auction
- 5 EXCLUSIVE: The faces behind City's prospective US investment
- 6 Thousands expected to attend huge four-day steam extravaganza
- 7 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 8 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 9 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 10 Multiple fire crews tackle farm blaze overnight
The Bacton resident added: 'We don't know what type of whale they are, we could just see these great big black things jumping out of the water about a thousand feet of the coast.'