Have your say on the idea of parking charges in Dereham, Thetford, Swaffham, Attleborough and Watton
People in the five Breckland market towns are being given their say on whether car parking charges should be introduced.
The district council is doing a study on the future of car parks and will be holding a public consultation on its ideas for parking and other council services.
The three options for parking are: Continue to provide car parking free of charge
Introduce a tariff that makes the car parks cost neutral
Introduce a tariff that will cover some of the cost
You may also want to watch:
The first of the 'could we, should we?' meetings is at Thetford Carnegie Rooms on Monday September 17, 7pm.
The others are at Dereham Memorial Hall on Thursday September 20, 7pm, Attleborough Town Hall on Monday September 24, 7pm, Swaffham Assembly Rooms on Wednesday September 26, 7pm and Watton's Queens Hall on Tuesday October 2, 7pm.
- 1 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 2 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 3 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 4 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 7 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 8 Norfolk social worker loses race discrimination case
- 9 'We'll be forced back on the roads' - travellers' plea at site hearing
- 10 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
Breckland cabinet member Mark Kiddle-Morris said: 'These are difficult times for residents and local authorities alike.'
He said Breckland's settlement from central government - which makes up about 70pc of funding - is likely to reduce by 29pc by 2015.
'Because of this we have to make significant changes to the way we operate and to the services we provide. We have made significant savings through internal restructuring and other efficiencies, but there is still a very long way to go. We are proposing to list a number of services that could be changed in order to save money.
'This could be by stopping, reducing or charging for the service. Car parking is likely to be one of the services listed.'