Have your say: Norfolk revealed as third-best area for highways and transport satisfaction
- Credit: Mike Page
A new survey has found that Norfolk County Council is ranked third of 28 similar councils for residents' satisfaction with highways and transport services - but what do you think?
The study, by Ipsos Mori, is based on feedback from nearly 3,300 residents in the county.
It asked for comments about the area's traffic management, condition of highways, local bus services, street lighting, road safety education, and satisfaction with public rights of way.
Results from Norfolk were then compared with responses to areas also governed by county councils or large unitary authorities - with Norfolk placed third overall for satisfaction.
Martin Wilby, chairman of the environment, transport and development committee, said: 'It's rare that we are able to directly compare opinions about our work with similar councils elsewhere in the country so it heartening to hear that we rank so highly.'
You may also want to watch:
What do you think about Norfolk's highways and transport? Take our poll and leave your comments below - and we will publish the result in tomorrow's newspapers and online.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack