Have you spotted the giant octopus on Prince of Wales Road?
- Credit: Archant
A giant octopus has been spotted on Norfolk's most famous clubbing street, with tentacles sticking out of upstairs windows at the junction with St Faith's Lane.
Just months after Jeremy Kyle visited Prince of Wales Road, an even more unexpected visitor appeared in Norwich on Tuesday afternoon.
The giant purple and green creature has invaded Mercy Nightclub and DFC takeaway.
Nearby business New Patrick's Yard, located on Recorder Road, tweeted: 'Norwich just got attacked by a giant octopus!'
Beth Alston tweeted: 'Norwich you are so weird but never change', with a photo of the strange sight.
But Norwich residents have nothing to worry about, as the inflatable octopus has been placed above Mercy nightclub in celebration of their upcoming Festival of Fools event taking place on Saturday, April 1.
A spokesperson for Mercy nightclub said: 'The event of Saturday night is called Mercy's Playground. Expect close up magicians and performers all night long.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 3 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 4 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 5 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 6 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 7 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 8 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 9 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 10 Action taken against cold callers who left homeowner 'freaked out'
'We've got blackouts, pyrotechnics, and many hidden surprises.'