Have you spotted the giant octopus on Prince of Wales Road?
- Credit: Archant
A giant octopus has been spotted on Norfolk's most famous clubbing street, with tentacles sticking out of upstairs windows at the junction with St Faith's Lane.
Just months after Jeremy Kyle visited Prince of Wales Road, an even more unexpected visitor appeared in Norwich on Tuesday afternoon.
The giant purple and green creature has invaded Mercy Nightclub and DFC takeaway.
Nearby business New Patrick's Yard, located on Recorder Road, tweeted: 'Norwich just got attacked by a giant octopus!'
Beth Alston tweeted: 'Norwich you are so weird but never change', with a photo of the strange sight.
You may also want to watch:
But Norwich residents have nothing to worry about, as the inflatable octopus has been placed above Mercy nightclub in celebration of their upcoming Festival of Fools event taking place on Saturday, April 1.
A spokesperson for Mercy nightclub said: 'The event of Saturday night is called Mercy's Playground. Expect close up magicians and performers all night long.
- 1 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops project
- 2 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks
- 3 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 4 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 5 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 6 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 7 'We don't want to close': Farm shop makes plea for support during lockdown
- 8 Dog dies and another missing after getting lost in snow
- 9 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 10 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
'We've got blackouts, pyrotechnics, and many hidden surprises.'