Have you smelled cannabis in King’s Lynn?
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press
More mysterious cannabis smells have been reported in West Norfolk.
This week, Fenland council appealed for people to report any strange weed-like odours.
MORE - council appeals for people to report cannabis smellThe whacky-baccy whiff is believed to come from Wissington, where a medicinal strain of cannabis has just been harvested.
Now West Norfolk council says it too has received similar reports of the smell.
'Officers have met with senior managers from British Sugar on the Wissington site,' it said.
'No specific sources of odour were identified on site, but the council, British Sugar and their specialists, have committed to work together over the growing and drying cycle of the crop to determine if these odours are linked to the site.
'In addition the council is investigating any other potential sources of the odour and has contacted the NFU for assistance in this investigation.'
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 4 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 5 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 6 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 7 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 8 Arrests after woman held hostage in home containing drugs and samurai sword
- 9 Countryfile to highlight controversial Norfolk road scheme
- 10 Hotel landlord admits threatening man with axe
Council officers are writing to complainants to ask them to keep a diary sheet noting when they experience the odour so that any link between the odours and the growing and drying cycle can be explored.