Have you smelled cannabis in King’s Lynn?
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press
More mysterious cannabis smells have been reported in West Norfolk.
This week, Fenland council appealed for people to report any strange weed-like odours.
MORE - council appeals for people to report cannabis smellThe whacky-baccy whiff is believed to come from Wissington, where a medicinal strain of cannabis has just been harvested.
Now West Norfolk council says it too has received similar reports of the smell.
'Officers have met with senior managers from British Sugar on the Wissington site,' it said.
You may also want to watch:
'No specific sources of odour were identified on site, but the council, British Sugar and their specialists, have committed to work together over the growing and drying cycle of the crop to determine if these odours are linked to the site.
'In addition the council is investigating any other potential sources of the odour and has contacted the NFU for assistance in this investigation.'
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 3 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 6 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 7 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 10 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
Council officers are writing to complainants to ask them to keep a diary sheet noting when they experience the odour so that any link between the odours and the growing and drying cycle can be explored.