Have you seen Rolo? Distraught dog owner leads search for partially deaf and blind pet that can only hear whistles
- Credit: JILL WILKINS
Jill Wilkins, from Southrepps, near Cromer, reveals she faces a miserable festive season without her beloved 14-year-old Jack Russell which she has had since he was a puppy.
A distraught dog owner whose beloved pet went missing exactly a month ago revealed all she wants for Christmas is for him to come home.
Jill Wilkins, from Upper Southrepps, near Cromer, reveals she faces a miserable festive season without her beloved 14-year-old Jack Russell, named Rolo, which she has had since he was a puppy.
She is organising a search for the vulnerable terrier, who is partially deaf and blind and can only hear whistles.
And, it is hoped, the community will turn out in support.
You may also want to watch:
Jill said: 'Rolo is nearly blind and virtually deaf, he can only really hear whistles, whistling or the odd really high pitched name call. He is very vulnerable because of his age, his sight and deafness and he has some arthritis.
'Rolo is very friendly and looks much younger than his age. He tends not to bark since he became deaf, he will only do a tiny little cry so he may not be heard.
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Week's worth of fuel gone in hours at village filling station
- 5 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 6 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 7 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 8 Why are there queues for petrol - and do you really need to fill up?
- 9 Dad who threw daughter into cot cleared of murder
- 10 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
'I am asking people to keep checking sheds, outbuildings or any openings he may get into but may not sense his way out of, as he get's stuck in corners and keeps butting them with his head thinking it's the way out when it's not so he could easily tire himself out.'
Rolo, who is microchipped, went missing near the pub in Upper Southrepps on November 16 and previous searches have proved unsuccessful. However, there have been unconfirmed sightings between Northrepps and Cromer.
A new search is being coordinated from Southrepps Village Hall on Sunday, December 18, at 11am. Everyone is invited.
Meanwhile, anyone with information is asked to call Jill on 07880577522.