Hat could reveal whether person fell through ice into Brandon river, as search is called off
This hat could hold the key to finding a person believed to have fallen into a frozen river.
Suffolk Police released the photo after the hat was found on the frozen Little River Ouse in Church Road, Brandon.
Emergency services were called at 3.20pm on February 11 by a member of the public who said he could see footprints leading from the bank, across the ice.
He could also see a hole in the ice and the black hat, with a leopard print faux-fur edge and silky lining, to one side.
Anyone with information should call Suffolk Police on 101.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 2 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 5 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 6 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 7 Best bargain ever? Village hall for sale for £35,000
- 8 Man drowned after drifting out onto lake on air bed
- 9 Inquest into death of 22-year-old swimmer at Norfolk beauty spot
- 10 Staff at food firm receive £900 bonus each