Meghan pregnant, palace confirms
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Prince Harry and the Duchess of Sussex are expecting their first baby.
In a statement this morning, Kensington Palace said: 'Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are very pleased to
announce that The Duchess of Sussex is expecting a baby in the Spring of 2019.
'Their Royal Highnesses have appreciated all of the support they have received from people around the world since their wedding in May and are delighted to be able to share this happy news with the public.'
The Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall and Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are said to be 'delighted' for the couple.
You may also want to watch:
Doria Ragland, the mother of the duchess, is 'very happy about this lovely news' and 'looks forward to welcoming her first grandchild'.
The newly-wed couple arrived in Sydney on Monday ahead of a 16-day tour which will take in Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and Tonga.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 7 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 8 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 9 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 10 New vintage store opens bigger premises
The 34-year-old prince, who married american actress Meghan Markle at Windsor in May. is currently sixth on line to the throne.
Their new arrival, regardless of whether it is a boy or a girl, will be seventh.
The couple met on a blind date organised by friends in 2016. Ms Markle, 37, starred in the American legal drama Suits.
The couple hinted soon after their wedding they were hoping to start a family.