Harleston to host half-term careers fair
A half-term careers fair will be held in Harleston to guide young people into the world of work.
Harleston Information Plus has organised the event at the Swan Hotel for Wednesday, October 26 from 10am to 2pm.
It is aimed at young people between 14 and 24-years-old from both Norfolk and Suffolk and will cover further and higher education, apprenticeships, training, careers advice, finance, employment and much more.
Some of the attending organisations include the UEA, UCS, Easton and Otley Colleges, YMCA Training, Construction Training Specialists, the Army and the RAF, South Norfolk Council, Jobcentre Plus, Kickstart, Hales, Midwich and Harleston Jobs Club, to name a few.
There will be three workshops held throughout the day which will cover applying for jobs and the application process, interview tips, and techniques and university finance.
You may also want to watch:
For further information and to book a place on one of the workshops, contact Lucy Hurdley at Harleston Information Plus on 01379 851920.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 8 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 9 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 10 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail