Harleston pupils show they’ve got talent
Simon Cowell may not be judging this competition, but pupils at a south Norfolk high school are showing they have got plenty of talent.
Teenagers at Archbishop Sancroft High School, in Harleston, have been staging auditions over the last couple of weeks for their very own ASHS Got Talent contest, with the final taking place on Thursday, May 17 at 7pm.
The school's link officer, Kate Nicholls, said: 'They've organised it themselves, with just a little bit of teacher help.
'The school council were tasked with raising funds for a new school minibus and they came up with ASHS Got Talent – the students have organised the auditions and the panel of judges.'
There have been performances by singers, dancers, musicians, bands, martial artists and even on pogo sticks – and members of staff have taken part, too.
You may also want to watch:
Each day was dedicated to a different category – singers, dancers, musicians, other – and the judging panel was made up of lower school pupils to judge upper school performers and vice versa.
'They've been brilliant,' added Kate. 'The performances have been really good.'
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 7 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 10 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
Tickets for the ASHS Got Talent final cost �2 each and are available from the school office or on the day.