Harleston Jobs Club extends its opening hours to cope with demand
Increasing demand has led to Harleston Jobs Club extending its opening hours.
Officials at the club at Harleston Information Plus in Exchange Street, said their weekly numbers have increased significantly over the last few months.
Therefore, they have decided to extend the hours of the Jobs Club from two hours to a four hour period in order to help more jobseekers in their search for work.
As of Wednesday, March 7 the club will open from 10am to 2pm.
Lucy Marjoram, Jobs Club co-ordinator, said: 'We have a regular group of jobseekers attend the Jobs Club with approximately two new members joining each week. We want to offer jobseekers the best possible service and we felt with the high numbers attending weekly we could not devote enough time to everyone. We are hoping that by extending our opening hours we will be able to offer more support to our members, old and new.'
During 2011, 96 new members joined and over 50 found employment. For further details, contact 01379 851920.
- 1 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 2 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 3 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 4 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 6 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 7 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 8 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
- 10 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe