Harleston delicatessen holds event
- Credit: Archant
A Harleston delicatessen has held its first taster and shopping night.
The inaugural event at Apiary Delicatessen on Thursday night involved 30 guests and five Norfolk producers, Felicity Malt from Pell and Co Gin company, Janet Peachey from Peacheys Liquors and Preserves, a Grain Brewery representative, Ruth Capocci from Blackbird Cottage Pates and Jonny Crickwood from Fen Diary.
Mike Chappell, owner of the Thoroughfare business, said: 'The Apiary Delicatessen has an ethos to stock and promote as much local product as we can find and to take the knowledge and passion of these artisan producers and pass it on to our fabulous customers.
'The next taster and shopping night is being planned for early February, look out on social media for the dates on twitter at @apiarymike @artisanhampers or at Facebook, The Apiary Delicatessen.
'A big thank you goes to Annie Donlon from Mike and Nicki for organising the event and ensuring all went very smoothly on the night. Happy Christmas to all our customers present and future.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 City draw up target list
- 10 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats