Harleston couple’s homemade Christmas display hopes to raise hundreds for charity
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A Harleston couple have lit up their street as they turned on their Christmas lights for the 16th consecutive year.
Sue Sanford and partner Peter George have added festive cheer to Pound Close to raise money for charity.
The couple have been putting on a Christmas display every year since 2001, when they decided to raise funds for the charity Cancer Research UK.
Mrs Sanford: 'We have had around 40 people each day viewing the lights. We have a lot of old figures and my partner has made a lot of the display. We have an old fashioned toilet that has a rat running around it on a turntable and the door even opens and shuts.'
The lights took the couple four weekends to put up and will be on from 5pm till 9pm until the December 31.
Mrs Sandford added: 'We raised just over £300 last year so this year we are hoping to beat that.
'Hopefully people will stop and get the beauty of the display.'
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 'Our homes will be destroyed' - Neighbours' fears over proposed pylon route
- 6 Scammers targeting Norfolk homes with fake parcel deliveries
- 7 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 8 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 9 Heavy delays on major Norfolk road after crash
- 10 Sweet Briar Road has now reopened