Hares and Mamma Mia - five things we learned this week
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Here are five things which have been in the news on the EDP over the last seven days.
•Norwich is going to get some giant and colourful hares
We revealed this week that the next star of Norwich's GoGo! trail will be hares. The GoGoHares! will come to the city in 2018 and follow on from the success of the GoGoGorillas! and GoGoDragons.
•Mamma Mia is coming to Norwich
Get ready dancing queens, the Abba-inspired musical is coming to Norwich's Theatre Royal.
You may also want to watch:
•Summer's here but the weather has some catching up to do
You may be reading this after a weekend in the sunshine, but until Saturday it had been a very disappointing start to the British Summer with floods and strong winds over the last five days. It was particularly tricky driving on some rural roads.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 3 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 4 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 5 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 6 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 7 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 8 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
- 9 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 10 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
•The Jarrold Stand is no more
After 12 years, Carrow Road's Jarrold Stand will no longer be the Jarrold Stand. Norwich City FC said a new sponsor would be announced in due course after the partnership between the city's football club and department store came to an end with regards to the stand.
•Lots more walking to do
Norfolk is already a great place for walking and now 20 new circular trails developed by Norfolk County Council have opened.