Happy bride starts weight-loss group to help others shed the stone
- Credit: Submitted
It was a burning desire not to be a 'fat' bride which prompted Ashwellthorpe's Sue Mortimer to get serious about losing weight.
And now Sue is starting up her own slimming group to help others reach their weight loss goals.
Sue said she joined a weight-loss group in Wymondham in early 2014 after her beau, Terry, proposed.
Sue said: 'I was content although unhappy with my weight. I was fearful of walking down the aisle feeling fat and frumpy.
'I really wanted to make Terry feel proud and wanted to look a million dollars.'
Sue said it took commitment to reach her goal of losing 2st 7lb before her wedding in November 2014.
She said: 'I made sure I kept going to group every week as the support and help I got was a major key to my success in losing weight.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 3 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 4 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 5 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 6 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 7 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 8 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 9 Man made threats to hurt ex-partner's father
- 10 Bid for superbike warehouse bringing up to 30 new jobs
'I soon realised that with a few changes to the way I cooked I was still able to enjoy all my favourite meals such as lasagne, curries and roast dinners.
'I was amazed at how much I could eat and was never hungry.'
Sue was crowned 'target member of the year' of her Slimming World group last year, and she then resolved to become a consultant for the weight-loss group herself.
Sue will host her first Slimming World group on April 28 at 7.30pm at Wymondham's Rothbury Road Community Hall.
For more information, call 01508 488 477 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.