Stunning pictures show high speed water ski racing in West Norfolk
- Credit: Neil Foster/waterfront Yachting
Hundreds lined the banks of the River Great Ouse to watch the Hanseatic Ski Race in King's Lynn.
The popular event saw brave water skiers storm through the length of the river by the South Quay with the powerboats crashing through the choppy waves ahead of them.
The event, now its fourth year, took place over Saturday, August 18 and Sunday, August 19 and included a fireworks display over the river on Saturday night.
Despite the cloudy start on both days, revellers watched in awe as the juniors, seniors and ladies races was followed by the Formula 1, 2 and 3 water ski races.
Becki Fisher was among the crowd with her husband Steven and two children Megan, 10, and Rhys, 8.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'It's nice to have something like this locally, it's not what you see everyday.
'It's something different to show the kids, they think it's cool.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
Rhys said: 'I wouldn't go in the water, it looks scary, but I'd go in the boat.'