Handbag stolen with HTC phone inside after car broken into at picnic site
- Credit: IAN BURT
A handbag containing a mobile phone, purse and bank cards has been stolen after thieves broke into a car by smashing a window.
The silver Ford Ranger Pickup was broken into at a picnic site off the A1075 in Great Hockham between 1.30pm and 3pm on Sunday.
A light brown handbag containing an HTC Desire C mobile phone, a purse and bank cards was stolen.
Police are looking for witnesses to the incident.
A similar theft took place two weeks ago at the picnic area, between 1pm and 1.30pm on Saturday, October 18.
You may also want to watch:
That incident saw the rear window of a silver Citroen Berlingo smashed and a handbag which had been left in the rear foot well was stolen.
A police spokesman urged members of the public to not leave items on show in their vehicles.
- 1 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 2 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 3 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 4 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 5 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 6 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 7 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 8 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 9 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 10 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
If you were in the area at the time and saw anything, or have any information that could help police with their investigation, contact PC Christian Newbery at Thetford Police Station on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.