Handbag grab leaves elderly victim shaken
An 88-year-old woman whose handbag was grabbed as she headed home from church said the thief crept up behind her before making a run for it.
The pensioner was on a mobility scooter as she went along Church Lanes, in Fakenham, following a service last Sunday.
She told the EDP the lane was deserted when it happened and she had no chance to react. She said: 'I was coming from church. I didn't hear the man behind me. He snatched my bag and ran down Constitution Hill. It was all so quick.'
The woman was left very shaken by the attack and was helped by another man who turned into the lane shortly after it happened and called 999.
Police have appealed for help to catch the man who targeted her between 11.40 and 11.50am last Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
The offender grabbed the tan coloured handbag, which was in the mobility scooter.
He is described as a white man, in his 20s, with dark hair, wearing a grey jacket and dark trousers. He made off along Constitution Hill, which leads onto the busy Oak Street in Fakenham.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 6 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 9 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 10 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
Contact PC Susan Farren at Fakenham Police Station on 0845 4564567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.