Hamlet Centre’s spring fair given further boost by Thorpe St Andrew Sainsbury’s supermarket
A local supermarket has made a donation to boost Saturday's spring fair at the Hamlet Centre in Norwich.
The disabled care charity recently featured in the Evening News after its professionally-made banner advertising the event, at its Johnson Place base, at the top of Grapes Hill, was stolen and then subsequently replaced for free by Big Paw Print Ltd.
Now another donation has boosted the event after the Thorpe St Andrew Sainsbury's supermarket, on Pound Lane, provided tea, coffee, cold drinks and Easter eggs
Julia Snow, the Hamlet Centre's fundraising manager, said: 'We are hoping for a good number of people at the spring fair, to enjoy our event and to help us fundraise.
'It will also give people an opportunity to explore inside our new site, our children's services at the top of Grapes Hill, which Sainsbury's Pound Lane also fundraised towards.'
The charity's fair is being held between 2pm and 5pm, with funds currently being raised for a new kitchen suitable for people who are disabled at its Ella Road site, which accommodates adult services.
Linda Andrews, spokesman for the Pound Lane store, said: 'Our store has raised thousands of pounds for The Hamlet Centre in the past and we are very pleased to able to provide support the charity by providing refreshments for their forthcoming event.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 3 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 4 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 9 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 10 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
'We know how dedicated the charity is and we hope the refreshments will be enjoyed.'
- Are you holding an event this weekend? Send us your pictures at www.iwitness24.co.uk