Have you seen the Ham National? See the piglet race with a twist in the tale
- Credit: Archant
It wouldn't be the Norfolk Show without a spot of pig racing- and the crowds turned out in force this year for the hamtastic event.
Crowd favourites from Justin Bieboar to Elvis Pigsley donned their tweed racing jackets ahead of the sprint at the Countryside Arena.
The show is arranged by Church Farm in Stow Bardolph, who train the 18-week-old piglets for a month ahead of their grand debut.
Kate Farr is the manager of the family-oriented farm, she said: 'They love it, they know they'll get food at the start and the end of the race, so they get excited as soon as the jackets go on.'
The pigs, which are commercial and Tamworth breeds, take part in two races a day on both June 27 and 28.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Farr continued: 'A favourite amongst the trainers this year is Spamela Anderson, and Bradley Piggins is doing very well.'
You can find the Church Farm pig and goat stand behind the Countryside Arena.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 4 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 10 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car