Halloween 2017: Spooky pumpkin fest to return to Brandon Country Park
- Credit: Archant
Things will take a ghoulish turn at a popular country park for its third annual Halloween pumpkin festival.
Brandon Country Park's Pumpkin Fest began in 2015 after a project with IES Breckland School.
Year-10 pupils at the Brandon school planted a pumpkin patch in the park's historic Walled Garden, tending to the patch throughout the year.
When set the task of set of deciding how to best use the patch come autumn, they decided to hold a festival with pumpkin carving, a scary trail, theatre and music.
Now in its third year, the Pumpkin Fest has grown to involve other community groups in Brandon including Shoestring Theatre, Face-It painting and Tesco, with the supermarket providing all 250 pumpkins.
You may also want to watch:
As well as the pumpkin carving competition at this year's event between 11am and 3pm on Wednesday, October 25, there will be a series of activities including music, dance, woodland crafts and cupcake decorating.
There will be three judging categories in the contest - under-sevens, seven to 10 and over-10s.
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 7 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 8 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 9 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire
Those who attend in Halloween fancy dress are also in with a chance of winning the best dressed prize.
Entry to the event is free. Pumpkin carving is £2, with individual charges for some activities. A free trick or treat bag is given for every pumpkin carved.
For more information, visit www.brandoncountrypark.org.uk or call the park on 01842 810185.