Hairdresser raises more than £1,000 with charity head shave
- Credit: Archant
A hairdresser has raised around £1,200 by shaving her head in a bid to raise money and awareness for those living with cancer.
Karen Wells, 'Braved The Shave' for Macmillan Cancer Support at Meka Hair Design, in Smallgate, Beccles.
She said: 'For the last four years we have taken part in the Macmillan Coffee Morning but it can be quite difficult trying to cut hair and sell cakes at the same time.
'As I'm turning 50 this year I thought I would do the shave instead.'
Ms Wells initially hoped to raise £500 for the charity but the total currently stands at around £1,200.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'I'm overcome with the generosity of people.
'Everyone is touched by cancer in some way and Macmillan are a great charity who really do help those with cancer and those around them.'
You can donate via a collection box at Meka Hair Design or by visiting bravetheshave.macmillan.org.uk/shavers/karen-wells
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 3 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 4 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards