Hainford welder Josh Peek triumphs at world skills event
- Credit: Worldskills UK
An apprentice welder is celebrating international awards success.
Josh Peek, from Hainford, has competed in the Worldskills finals in Abu Dhabi as part of Team UK.
The four-day contest saw apprentices compete in a number of disciplines for gold, silver and bronze medals in an Olympic style set up.
Mr Peek won a medallion of excellence for welding as Team UK celebrated a haul of 20 medals made up of one gold, three silver, three bronze and 13 medallions of excellence.
Mr Peek learnt his craft at Great Yarmouth College now East Coast College, and now works for L&G Engineering.
You may also want to watch:
Team UK was supported by Worldskills UK, which is funded by the Department for Education, and was made up of 34 current or former apprentices.
Praising Mr Peek, East Coast College tutor Douglas Lawrence said: 'This is a massive achievement for a young man of his age.'
- 1 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 2 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 3 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 4 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 6 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 7 Patient has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Former factory site to become a new church
- 10 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it