Two-car crash causes delays
- Credit: Picture: Philip Turner
Motorists were diverted after a Norfolk road was temporarily closed following a two-car crash.
Emergency services were called to the A143 at Haddiscoe, between Great Yarmouth and Beccles, at 3.10pm on Saturday, January 20.
A witness said that two cars – a white BMW and a black Renault – had been involved in a serious collision.
The crash happened just past the former Crown Inn pub on The Street, Haddiscoe and it caused lengthy delays, according to witnesses, as police closed the road and directed traffic at the scene.
A crew from Gorleston fire station attended the scene to assist police and they made a 'vehicle safe.'
You may also want to watch:
Subsequent train services did not stop at Haddiscoe, with the driver announcing to those on board the 5.50pm service from Norwich to Lowestoft that the train could not stop at the village because of the accident and that passengers would have to get off at Somerleyton.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker