Gym’s competition of strength helps give fundraising sisters a lift
- Credit: Picture: Nina Green
Two sisters who are running the London Marathon this year have been given a boost in their fundraising by a local gym.
Nina Green, 39, and sister Kirsty Cater, 37, both of Bradwell, are taking on the road race in April to raise money for Asthma UK and Children with Cancer respectively, and have already got their campaigns under way.
This week, Top Body Gym in Gorleston hosted a competition of strength to help give the fundraising sisters a strong lift.
More than 20 competitors took part in four events - squat, deadlift, bench press and overhead press - helping to raise £2,000 to be split between the two causes.
Mrs Green said: 'Kirsty and I are overwhelmed with the amount of money raised and would like to thank everyone involved.
You may also want to watch:
'I was impressed with the strength of the competitors on the day. I cannot lift 26.2kg but I am certainly determined to run every step of that 26.2 miles across London and make everyone proud whilst raising lots of money for our charities.'
Scott Graysmark, manager of Top Body, said: 'The event was a huge success. There was a great atmosphere at the gym and everyone taking part put in a fantastic effort.
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 5 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 6 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 7 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 8 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 9 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree
- 10 Coronavirus outbreak at construction company working on County Hall
'We look forward to hosting more events like this in the future and it was a pleasure to be able to support Nina and Kirsty's chosen charities ahead of their London Marathon challenge.'
The full list of winners is as follows:
1st - Amber Hannant
2nd - Zoe Brunt
3rd - Kate Wood
1st Dan Searby
2nd Dean Costin
3rd Steve Cornish
Male Under 80kg
1st - Darren Clayton
2nd - Richard Lambert
3rd - Luke Geary
Male Under 90kg
1st - Shaun Baker
2nd - Will West
Male Under 100kg
1st - David O'Sullivan
2nd - Luke Farrow
3rd - Malcom Brown
Male Under 110kg
1st - Matt Knight
2nd - Damien Taylor
3rd - Rob Brown
Overall Winner - Matt Knight