Norfolk gastropub named one of top 50 in the UK
- Credit: Archant
Industry experts have selected a Norfolk business as one of the top 50 gastropubs in the country.
The Gunton Arms in Thorpe Market, near Cromer, has been featured on Estrella Damm's list of top gastropubs, placing at number 42.
It was the only Norfolk pub to be included for 2018.
This is not the first time the establishment has made the cut, having previously placed at number 7 in 2014 and number 8 in 2015.
Simone Tattersall, Director of The Guton Arms, said: 'It's amazing to be back in the top 50 gastropubs in the UK. It's an honour to be in the company of many prestigious pubs and we couldn't do it without out fantastic staff and valued support from customers.'
You may also want to watch:
Sitting in the midst of a 1,000 acre 18th century deer park, the Gunton Arms offers guests a unique dining experience, with a lot of cooking taking place in the eatery's Elk Room over a large open fire.
Art dealer Ivor Braka bought the building in 2009, converting a country house into a traditional pub.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
The business puts a focus on local and season produce, specialising in venison and seafood.
For more information visit top50gastropubs.com
• Which other Norfolk gastropubs do you think deserved a spot the top 50? Let us know in the comments below.
Fore more food news and events, join our Facebook group Eat Norfolk