Revamped petrol station set to reopen with new shop, bakery and off-licence
- Credit: Polygon
A petrol station is set to reopen with a new shop, bakery and off-licence as part of a major revamp.
After more than 30 years at the helm, Ray and Sheila Wicks decided to take a well-earned retirement from The Gulf in Thetford Road, Watton, which has been open since 1985. They sold the garage to Petrocell Holdings Ltd, a family-run business which has operated forecourts and garage workshops since 1974.
'The redevelopment includes a large Londis store, bakery, off licence and brand new spacious Gulf-branded forecourt,' said Petrocell company director, John Dowling. 'We are delighted to have retained the existing staff and management and all of us are hugely excited by the transformation.
An open weekend from April 6 to 8 will take place to celebrate its official reopening.
The event will include raffle prizes, goodie bags and free product samples, with a Red Bull promotion team also in attendance throughout.
You may also want to watch:
For every £20 basket-spend in store during the promotion, customers will receive a voucher for 4p per litre off their next fuel purchase.
On the Friday, a replica of the Gulf Porsche 917, made famous by Steve McQueen in the 1971 movie 'Le Mans', will be on display as part of the fun.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 9 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
As a charity fund raiser, Gulf and Petrocell will donate 2p each for every litre of fuel purchased during the weekend's promotion, with proceeds going to the local sports centre and hockey club to assist with the maintenance of its astro-turf pitch.
The store opens between 6am and 10pm each day.