‘Oh help, oh no, it’s a Gruffalo’
- Credit: Archant
Something very exciting is happening this half-term in King's Lynn.
Rumours abound that a Gruffalo has been spotted in Plantation Wood, and families are invited to go on a Gruffalo Hunt on October 23.
The Friends of Plantation Wood need lots of brave little brown mice, who hopefully know all the words, as well as older brothers and sisters, cousins and friends who fancy adventuring in the wood as Fox, Owl and Snake.
There is a 50p charge per person and will include a cup of tea and cake at the end after all the excitement.
Young fans of the book who are feeling brave enough for the adventure should meet at the Rookery in Plantation Wood, near the notice board at 10.30am on Tuesday, October 23. Participants should dress for the weather and Gruffalo-themed costumes are encouraged.
You may also want to watch:
Plantation Wood, also known as Gaywood and the Rookery, is a Woodland Trust wood in King's Lynn next to Howard Infant School.
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 3 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 4 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 8 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites