Growth at US airbase RAF Lakenheath could boost Thetford firms
- Credit: Archant
Growth at an American airbase could provide opportunities for the area's firms, a chamber of commerce has said,
Suffolk Chamber in Newmarket and District is hosting a breakfast event at Riverside House hotel, Mildenhall on February 17 at which Michael Hogan, business operations director and Paul Mayes, flight chief for the plans and programs flights at 48th Contracting Squadron at RAF Lakenheath, will speak.
They will discuss how to benefit from commercial opportunities at the base.
Kayleigh Streeton, events co-ordinator at Suffolk Chamber, said: 'We want as many businesses as possible to take advantage of the many supply chain opportunities available.
'Although RAF Mildenhall is due to close in 2023, the operation at RAF Lakenheath is set to expand.
You may also want to watch:
'In one month alone last year, nearly £15m of goods and services were procured for these two bases, so future prospects are likely to be as good in the years to come.'
To book, visit www.suffolkchamber.co.uk
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 6 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 7 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 8 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 9 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 10 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich