Group of friends from Thetford prepare for charity leg wax with a difference
- Credit: Archant
A fundraising event with a twist will see eight men have their legs waxed while belting out karaoke songs.
The event has been organised by Matt Parfett, from Thetford, to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support after his friend John was diagnosed with leukaemia.
It is hoped the fundraiser, which will be held at the Thomas Paine Hotel, Thetford, on Thursday at 6.30pm, will raise £2,500.
Mr Parfett said: 'A very close friend of mine was diagnosed with leukaemia a few years back. The intention was to have him at the event but last week he passed away.'
The venue has been donated for free by hotel owners Gez and Rosy Chetal and Mindy's Roadshow will provide the entertainment.
You may also want to watch:
Caroline King, a friend of Mr Parfett and beauty therapist will be chief waxer.
Every day across Norfolk 15 people are diagnosed with cancer and seven die from the illness.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 9 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
- 10 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
Nicola Clark, Macmillan's fundraising manager for west Norfolk and west Suffolk, said: 'Just one of the ways we could use the money that will be raised at this fundraising event is to help ease the financial impact on someone affected by cancer.
'The Macmillan welfare rights team offer advice over the phone via Macmillan Support line. Every £10 we spend on our phone service could lead to our cancer support specialist helping people affected by cancer claim £389 of benefits they are entitled to.'
To sponsor the group visit https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/LegWaxKaraoke