Group install bird boxes to encourage wildlife at Thetford Railway Station
- Credit: Archant
Bird boxes have been put up in various locations around Thetford Railway Station.
Installed by the Friends of Thetford Station (FOTS), the 10 boxes have been registered with the British Trust for Ornithology (BTO) as part of their nestbox recording scheme.
Six of them can be seen along platform one and the other four have been placed on the station line.
A grant from Breaking New Ground (BNG) enabled FOTS to put up the boxes and they will also be installing bird feeders with the aim of attracting more wildlife.
An interpretation panel provided by The Brecks Society is due to be installed soon and this will convey the historical significance of the station alongside information on FOTS's Platform for Wildlife project.
You may also want to watch:
FOTS said they would like to thank Greater Anglia, Shadwell Estate and BNG for their help with the project.
To become a volunteer for FOTS email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?