Group install bird boxes to encourage wildlife at Thetford Railway Station
- Credit: Archant
Bird boxes have been put up in various locations around Thetford Railway Station.
Installed by the Friends of Thetford Station (FOTS), the 10 boxes have been registered with the British Trust for Ornithology (BTO) as part of their nestbox recording scheme.
Six of them can be seen along platform one and the other four have been placed on the station line.
A grant from Breaking New Ground (BNG) enabled FOTS to put up the boxes and they will also be installing bird feeders with the aim of attracting more wildlife.
An interpretation panel provided by The Brecks Society is due to be installed soon and this will convey the historical significance of the station alongside information on FOTS's Platform for Wildlife project.
FOTS said they would like to thank Greater Anglia, Shadwell Estate and BNG for their help with the project.
To become a volunteer for FOTS email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 2 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 5 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 6 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 7 Man threatened to petrol bomb ex-partner's home
- 8 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 9 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 10 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk