Fish and chip shop named one of the best places to eat on a budget in the UK
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich restaurant has been named one of the best places to eat in the country.
Grosvenor Fish Bar, on Lower Goat Lane, has been named in The Times as one of the 30 best places to eat in the UK on budget.
The Norwich Lanes chippy was praised for its fresh approach to a British institution and was the only eatery in Norfolk and Suffolk to make the list.
The listing reads: "Classic fish and chips has been served here for nearly a century but that hasn't stopped the owners from taking a fresh approach to a British Institution - refurbishing their traditional fish and chips shop to create a 'grotto' of cosy dining areas underground."
Items on the menu which received a special mention included the Clamity Jane clam burger and the Krusty Krab Po'Boy rolls.
You may also want to watch:
Grosvenor Fish Bar is run by Duane Dibartolomeo and Christian Motta, and its appearance in The Times is not the first time it has gained recognition beyond Norwich Lanes.
In August 2019 the CEO of an Asian airline extolled the virtues of Norwich with a travel review praising the fish and chip bar.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 7 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 8 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 9 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 10 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies