Gritters sent out as temperatures drop below freezing with chance of snow in Norfolk and Suffolk tonight
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
April showers may turn wintry this evening – bringing sleet and snow to Norfolk and northern parts of Suffolk during the night.
Weatherquest forecaster Phil Garner said that Norfolk will see temperatures as low as -1C tonight as low pressure from Arctic regions sweeps in from the North Sea.
The wintry showers will fall between midnight and 5am and snow may fall in the areas with the heaviest showers.
Norfolk County Council will mobilise its fleet of gritters early tomorrow morning to reduce the risk of slippery roads.
People will wake up to cold temperatures tomorrow of around 2C, Mr Garner said.
You may also want to watch:
'April is a variable month generally, hence the term April showers, and tonight we may even see some of the snow showers settle', he said.
'It's likely rain will start to fall this afternoon, which may turn wintry throughout the evening. We could see some fall overnight, with the coldest temperatures at around 1am.
- 1 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
'It will also be windy – we've been seeing average temperatures of around 10C (50F) recently, but this will drop to around 4C (39.2F) today.'
He said such temperatures are likely to last for the next few days.