Greggs manager hangs up her apron after almost 30 years at Beccles store
- Credit: Nick Butcher
After joining as a Saturday girl almost 30 years ago, Jane Norris has decided to hang up her apron for the final time.
Mrs Norris retired from her role as manager of the Beccles Greggs store on Friday, October 20, having completed 29 years, seven months and three days with the company.
She was originally hired for a four-week period to cover people who were off suffering with the flu, and over the years progressed up to senior sales, assistant manager and then store manager, a role she has carried out since 2001.
She said: 'I love the customers and the staff and it is a good company to work for.
'I've got loads of regulars who have grown old with me.'
Mrs Norris will be celebrating her 60th birthday in December, and is looking forward to spending more time at home looking after her two-year-old grandson.
'I will miss the staff, we've always had a really good team, and I will miss the rapport with the customers,' she said.
- 1 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 2 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 3 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 4 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 5 Boat users given fines over £16k for breaking rules on Norfolk Broads
- 6 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 7 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 8 Norfolk couple: 'We’ve lost £30k in cryptocurrency scam'
- 9 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
- 10 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
'It has been a privilege to work here.'