Greggs in Diss closed after complaint made about possible issues with rodents
- Credit: Archant
A branch of Greggs has had to shut its doors to the public after a complaint was made about possible issues with rodents.
Greggs on Mere Street, Diss, has been closed since Friday after a notice appeared stating 'ongoing electrical issues' had forced the closure of the bakers.
South Norfolk Council said the firm closed voluntarily after the authority was made aware by a member of the public that there may be an 'issue with rodents' at the shop.
A spokesman for Greggs said: 'We take food hygiene issues very seriously and escalated this complaint and closed the shop immediately.
'Specialist contractors were called in to carry out a thorough inspection and the shop will re-open once all necessary actions have been taken.'
You may also want to watch:
The council said it is working 'closely with the business' to enable the shop to re-open as soon as possible.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 9 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
- 10 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working