Greggs in Diss closed after complaint made about possible issues with rodents
- Credit: Archant
A branch of Greggs has had to shut its doors to the public after a complaint was made about possible issues with rodents.
Greggs on Mere Street, Diss, has been closed since Friday after a notice appeared stating 'ongoing electrical issues' had forced the closure of the bakers.
South Norfolk Council said the firm closed voluntarily after the authority was made aware by a member of the public that there may be an 'issue with rodents' at the shop.
A spokesman for Greggs said: 'We take food hygiene issues very seriously and escalated this complaint and closed the shop immediately.
'Specialist contractors were called in to carry out a thorough inspection and the shop will re-open once all necessary actions have been taken.'
You may also want to watch:
The council said it is working 'closely with the business' to enable the shop to re-open as soon as possible.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 10 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown