Greens take to canoes again for River Wensum clean-up
- Credit: Archant
Norwich Green Party is getting together with the local community to clear litter from Norwich's River Wensum.
The event, on Saturday, April 14, will take place along the river banks and on canoes provided by Pub and Paddle. Gloves and litter grabs will be provided.
Thorpe Hamlet Green councillor Lesley Grahame said: 'We believe that building the sort of communities that are prepared to deal with the rubbish themselves puts additional pressure on governments to reduce this scourge at source.'
Last year Green supporters helped clear 40 bags of rubbish from in and around the river as part of a larger Norwich Green Party campaign to reduce the amount of plastic we use and throw away.
The community litter clean-up will start at 10.30am, meeting at the Red Lion pub by Bishop Bridge.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 4 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 5 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 6 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 9 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 10 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk