Green-fingered volunteers wanted at Wymondham cancer-support charity Star Throwers
- Credit: Archant 2013
Cancer charity Star Throwers is on the hunt for green-fingered volunteers to help maintain the garden at their centre in Wymondham.
The charity - which provides advice and wellbeing support to people affected by cancer and has supported more than 1,100 cancer patients - is surrounded by landscaped gardens which can be enjoyed by visitors.
The gardens are also used for fundraising events, such as Star Throwers' summer fete and open gardens.
Steven Ho, General Manager, said one of the charity's aim was to provide support and advice in a relaxing, welcoming environment.
He said: 'We want our garden to be a place where people affected by cancer can come to just relax, to take a breath and not worry about their cancer and/or treatments for a little while.'
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about volunteering call on 01953 423304 or email email@example.com
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 5 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 6 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 7 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 8 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 9 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 10 Gunn and Walton on City watch list as Nyland future remains unclear