Greater Anglia trains between Ely and Cambridge cancelled because of emergency on the line
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Greater Anglia trains are not running between Ely and Cambridge this morning because of an emergency on the line.
According to the Greater Anglia website, emergency services are 'dealing with an incident' at Stretham, Cambridgeshire.
It added: 'Train services running through these stations have been suspended between Ely and Cambridge... The emergency services are attending an incident between Ely and Cambridge, until they arrive on site and assess the incident Greater Anglia, Great Northern and Cross Country train services are suspended between Ely and Cambridge.'
The disruption is expected to last until 9am this morning.
Greater Anglia's Norwich to Cambridge services will run between Norwich and Ely. The Kings Lynn and Ely to Liverpool Street services will run between Cambridge and Liverpool Street.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 7 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 8 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 9 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools