Greater Anglia trains between Ely and Cambridge cancelled because of emergency on the line
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Greater Anglia trains are not running between Ely and Cambridge this morning because of an emergency on the line.
According to the Greater Anglia website, emergency services are 'dealing with an incident' at Stretham, Cambridgeshire.
It added: 'Train services running through these stations have been suspended between Ely and Cambridge... The emergency services are attending an incident between Ely and Cambridge, until they arrive on site and assess the incident Greater Anglia, Great Northern and Cross Country train services are suspended between Ely and Cambridge.'
The disruption is expected to last until 9am this morning.
Greater Anglia's Norwich to Cambridge services will run between Norwich and Ely. The Kings Lynn and Ely to Liverpool Street services will run between Cambridge and Liverpool Street.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 3 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 4 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 5 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 6 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 10 A47 closed in both directions after crash