Great Yarmouth twinning meeting will hear of strong French links with Rambouillet
- Credit: © James Bass 2016
Residents of the borough of Great Yarmouth are being invited to attend the annual general meeting of a group that forges strong international links.
The Great Yarmouth Twinning Association meeting is on Monday, September 18 at 7pm in the council chamber at the Town Hall.
It provides an opportunity to hear about Great Yarmouth's successful twinning with the French town of Rambouillet and its past experiences and intentions for the future.
The twinning agreement was signed in 1956 by representatives of the respective councils.
A spokesman for the group said: 'Continuous efforts are made to provide our respective youngsters with opportunities to forge friendships and be involved in visits and schools links, to experience life across the Channel.'
To become a member of the association visit www.gtyarmouthtwinning.co.uk
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 4 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 5 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 6 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 7 New 4,000 home garden village idea criticised by countryside charity
- 8 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 9 Which of the major shops are staying closed this Boxing Day?
- 10 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75