Town to celebrate Armed Forces Day with two events
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
Two events are to be held in Great Yarmouth to celebrate armed forces personnel past and present.
A flag-raising ceremony will be held at the front of Great Yarmouth Town Hall on Monday, June 24, at 11am, as part of celebrations ahead of Armed Forces Day.
Everyone in the borough is invited to attend.
On Armed Forces Day itself, on Saturday, June 29, Col Terry Byrne, the borough's parade marshal, has organised an event in the Market Place, with information stalls on SAFFA, the Royal British Legion and BLESMA.
There will also be military vehicles and at 11am the mayor, Cllr Michael Jeal, will be presenting veteran badges to 10 local people.
You may also want to watch:
Armed Forces Day is an opportunity for people across the nation to show their support for the men and women who make up the armed forces community.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 3 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 4 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 5 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 6 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 7 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 8 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Farmers hope to unlock 'huge potential' of cannabis crops