Great Yarmouth to hold first October open market day
- Credit: Archant
Stallholders selling building supplies, home décor products, photographs and bric-a-brac will be among the traders in Great Yarmouth Market Place tomorrow for the first of the October Open Market days.
The days will be staged every Friday throughout the month, from 9am to 3pm.
Existing traders, those currently trading elsewhere and those thinking of becoming a market trader are welcome to set up on Fridays throughout the month for a fixed price of just £10 for 30ft/9m space.
This trial initiative, by Great Yarmouth Borough Council, aims to bring onto the Market Place some new and developing traders, who will be actively encouraged to think about joining the existing traders on the Wednesday and Saturday, the main market days.
Traders are asked to book in advance in order to benefit from advanced publicity, but are welcome to just turn up on any of the Fridays. For more details, contact Mandy Atkinson, the senior market officer, on 01493 846523 or email email@example.com
Please bring your own tables and gazebo. Site arrival is between 7.30am and 8.30am only. Card payment only.
All traders will require insurance. Those who do not have their own policy have the option of joining a joint policy offering cover for just £3 a day. Traders will be required to show a personal basic food hygiene certificate to sell certain goods.
- 1 Norfolk festival cancelled amid 'challenging year'
- 2 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 3 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 4 North Norfolk pub re-opens as a hotel
- 5 Lakeside proposal gone wrong watched by millions on TikTok
- 6 Mum trying to find lost 'heart' of daughter who died days after birthday
- 7 North Norfolk glamping site named among best in the UK
- 8 Vicar at heart of bitter church row resigns
- 9 Traffic easing on first day of Royal Norfolk Show after earlier delays
- 10 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid